Abu Dhabi International Airport – United Arab Emirates
- Abu Dhabi Airports Company, PJSC
Program/Construction Management (PM/CM)
From Outside Consultant to Trusted Advisor
The Abu Dhabi International Airport Expansion project encompasses the greenfield development and/or reconstruction/rehabilitation of five airports, with works centered around the new USD $4 billion Midfield Terminal Building. As program manager on this multi-airport capital development program, Parsons provides complete program management services as an integrated extension of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) staff. Our services include:
- Program management
- Design management
- Budget and schedule management
- Cost control
- Value engineering
- Quality assurance
- Operational planning
- Constructability reviews
- Safety and security management
- Contract administration
- Claims assessment
- Contract closeout and warranty support
- Operational readiness
- Airport transfer liaison, and facility startup and turnover.
A World-Class Program
The expanded airport features a 49-gate passenger terminal; an in-transit 3-star hotel with 60 rooms and 118 sleep pods, 3,380 sheltered parking spaces; security systems; and an award-winning duty-free zone. Other features of this world class program include:
- Overall airport size is 6,070 ha.
- Three passenger terminals, including the new 740,000 m2 Midfield Terminal Building (named for its placement between two runways), and is designed to maximize aircraft parking capacity and minimize walking distances for passengers.
- Planned to handle 30 million passengers annually.
- Two parallel runways, each measuring 4,260-m.
- Capacity to process 2 million metric tons of cargo annually.
- Includes a 109-m air traffic control tower, airside infrastructure, and NAVAIDs and ancillary airport support facilities with cargo, maintenance, catering, and related facilities.
At every stage of the Abu Dhabi International Airport Expansion project, we work collaboratively with ADAC’s staff. Together, our teams considered sustainability for all five airports, and the Midfield Terminal Building received an Estidama 3-pearl rating. The overall program is also on track to achieve a 3-pearl rating. The project is structured to quickly deliver improvements that meet immediate needs while preparing for anticipated growth. We continue to supply world-class program management and technical resources to ADAC to bring this project to life.
Featured Sep 2012/Updated Jul 2017