NASA Goddard Space Flight Center – Greenbelt, MD
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Facilities, Federal Government
Construction, Data Management, Program/Construction Management (PM/CM)
AE and CM Services Since 1995
For more than 40 years, the Goddard Space Flight Center has been at the forefront of scientific research and exploration programs for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). As one of 10 NASA centers, Goddard is a leader in the studies of earth and space science based on its world-class research programs, cutting-edge facilities and equipment, and advanced technology.
We began providing AE and CM services to Goddard in 1995. We expanded our role in 2000 to include construction and IT support through the award of the Facilities, Construction, Engineering, and Technical Services (FaCETS) Contract, a single-award, prime contract for which we subsequently were awarded the recompetes in 2011 and 2017. We have been recognized with the Goddard Contractor Excellence Award in the Large Business Service category as well as with the Small Business Large Business Primer Contractor of the Year Award. We were also awarded the Mentor/Protégé Agreement of the Year.
We work closely with our primary client, the Facilities Management Division (FMD), playing a key role in assisting it with restoring, revitalizing, and modernizing Goddard to meet the mission requirements of today and the future.
Examples of unique and mission-critical projects we have completed during our more than 20‑year history at the facility include the following:
- Installed critical backup power to the operations control center for the earth-observing system’s (EOS’s) trio of satellites (Terra, Aqua, and Aura) and in support of the mission operations center for the lunar reconnaissance orbiter
- Designed and constructed an advanced interferometry and metrology optics laboratory
- Constructed a Class 10,000 cleanroom to support Hubble Space Telescope and other Goddard missions, and constructed a Class 1,000 space laser–assembly cleanroom
- Design-built four cleanrooms ranging down to Class 100
We are proud to have completed more than 100 technical design-build projects and are intrinsically involved in the center’s sustainable design initiatives, including plans for its bioretention ponds, meadows, reforestation, and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. Paramount in all our activities at Goddard is our awareness of personnel and mission safety to successfully execute projects in areas occupied by high-tech equipment and ongoing NASA operations.
Featured Mar 2008/Updated Feb 2018